Wednesday 17 July 2013

One Planet Cardiff

So one of the things I did (relatively) recently was helping out with SustArt at the One Planet festival in Cardiff.

It was an amazing day and a great chance to get to know whats happening around the city. Cardiff in general is pretty good about festivals, there was a lovely food one this weekend too, but the One Planet is all about sustainability and the environment so fitted particularly well with me. Also it was a great place to get some advice about chickens for my Mam; there's some bullying happening with her little group. And I may have found a home for all the wonderful bunny poo that my little girls supply me with day in and day out!

A work of Art :) 
What I was doing there was helping out SustArt  a group that are promoting sustainability through Art. 

At this particular event we were getting people to write or draw their ideas to form the logo of the festival so that at the end we had a nice informative piece of art, full of sustainable suggestions  It was a great chance to talk to people and got some great debates going, which for someone that works at home alone is really really fun! And I think the finished project was pretty fab.

Joe pretending to be shy
There were of course lots of other groups and businesses there as well, some of which I knew, like Hungry Planet where I go to get all my rice, other essentials and the best chocolate in the world ever. As well as groups I'd never heard of, but would quite like to get involved with such as Cardiff Transition Project, a group of people trying to change the world from the bottom up. 

Hopefully it'll happen again next year and it'll be even bigger,and if it does get your arse there cause it's great fun altogether!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment